EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ban open sale of soft drinks with alcohol content: CAP

When I was in Hong Kong a few years back, I had a very nasty experience. It was night and I was walking at the night market (Is it ?) somewhere at Mongkok. I went into a 7 Eleven to buy drink. Browsing through the cooler refrigerator, I was looking for the cheapest drink that I can find. I saw a pineapple drink and its the cheapest among all the drinks displayed in the cooler. I think it was less than HK$3.00.
Soon, I went out and pulled the tab and sip the content. Oopss, the taste is different. I recheck the label and, OMG, it was pineapple beer. And I drank beer. Oh No!!!!! Astagfirullah hul azim. That was the word that came out of my mouth. I threw away the whole tin in the dustbin. And today on The Star online this tittle appeared:
Photo Credit: Kosmo Online
I agree totally with CAP's suggestion. Displaying of soft drinks with alcohol content should be given serious attention. It can be bought easily at convenience stores 24 hours a day and can be bought without any restriction. Even though it just contain 5% to 20% alcohol, it is still haram to Muslims. These drinks should be stacked together with other alcoholic drinks and restrict to nol Muslims and above 18 years old only.
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

simonso said...

Yeah i think alcohol beverages should be consume in a premises or a shop outlet that has license to sell..

Kesian u.

reena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cikgu said...

hello simonso,
that is what I call experience of life. Its a bit of a problem for muslims travelling overseas.

AFFILIATION

HolidayCity.com

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

LIVE COVERAGE

NO COVERAGE AT PRESENT

pic browse

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

BUYING FROM AMAZON?