EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Friday, December 28, 2007

Here I am Stranded Part II

I am not sure whether Hari Raya Aidil Adha means some sacrifice for me. Two years ago my the timing belt of my car broke and damage all but one valve and the car had to be towed to a workshop at Simpang. It was towed by a tow truck belonging to the workshop that is on the panel of AAM appointed workshop. Even though I have to pay for the tow charge at RM1 per kilometer, I was eligible to claim for the charges because I was a member of AAM that time. However the bitter part that time was I had to spend the whole day at the workshop on Hari Raya Aidil Adha (Eid Ul Adh). Me and my family arrived at about 8.00 in the morning and the car was ready at 5.30 in the evening. It was a sacrifice for us not be able to celebrate the Hari Raya with my parents. This year is also happens during the Hari Raya Haji time too but instead just after the celebration.

I spent the day at my sons brother in law house at Gunung Rapat police station. The wait was bit torturous for me because I am expecting the repair will take a large sum of money. If in 1998 the gearbox costs RM800, definitely after 9 years, the price will increase. The first nightmare (or can I call it daymare?) came at about 1.00 p.m. when the workshop called and told me that the price of the gearbox is RM 1600 because its auto and 1.5 cc engine. My heart throb in anticipation that I don't have much cash and savings. I asked him to try and find a cheaper one. Then he called me again and said that the price is RM1400 and trade-in my damaged gearbox for RM 200. Now I am expecting the cost will escalate to more than RM2000.

At 6.00 in the evening I still did not get any news from the workshop. Tried to call the workshop but I forget to keep the business card that the mechanic gave me and the call from the workshop earlier was a private line and I can't call back. I called my sons brother in law whether he still keep the card that the man gave him when we were at the workshop and he told me that the workshop was trying to delay the repair. However he insisted that the repair must be made immediately because I have to go back to KL to work the next day.

When we are having dinner, the workshop called to inform that the car is ready and the cost is RM2478. OMG, I will be broke. With the money I have and some in the bank, I just have enough for the cost of repair. I will be in financial trouble from now until the next pay day. What more school is reopening and I still have one son going to standard Three. Now my mind is working on how to get some money for the next 30 days of survival for my family.

After leaving the workshop, I drove back and arrive home at 1.30 the next morning.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

zach, have no worries.
send sms 016 8834466.
db

AFFILIATION

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

BILLBOARD

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

Powered By Blogger