Be Aware about instant noodles.
Please note that our Institute Jantung Negara (IJN) has recommended Malaysians not to over eat instant noodles as heart disease is mainly caused by the seasoning powder. If you can't do without it, reduce the powder by half and don't drink the soup after you finish the noodle. DO NOT IGNORE THIS ... Especially those fond of Instant Noodles... 'CORRECT WAYOF COOKING NOODLES' The correct way to cook instant noodles without harming our bodies and health: Normally, how we cook the instant noodles is to put the noodles into a pot with water, throw in the powder and let it cook for around 3 minutes and then it's ready to eat. This is the WRONG method of cooking the instant noodles. By doing this, when we actually boil the ingredients in the powder, normally with MSG, it will change the molecular structure of the MSG, causing it to be toxic. The other thing that you may or may not realize is that, the noodles are coated with wax and it will take around 4 to 5 days for the body to excrete the wax after you have eaten the noodles.
1. Boil the noodles in a pot of water.
2. Once the noodles are cooked, take out the noodles, and throw away the water which contains wax.
3. Boil another pot of water, add the cooked noodles into the hot boiling water and then turn off the stove.
4. Only at this stage when the stove is off, and while the water is very hot, add the flavouring powder into the water, to make noodle soup.
5. However, if you need dry noodles, remove the noodles and add the flavouring powder and toss it to get dry noodles.
Dietician's Note: If you buy plain hakka noodles which you make, you initially need to boil in water and discard the water. This will soften the noodles but to prevent it from sticking we need to add a tablespoon of oil and also the noodles are deep fried partially to make them crunchy and then dusted with flour to prevent them from sticking while boiling. Hence when you buy the noodles they are already made unhealthy and this is the type we use to make stir fry noodles and the regular Instant Noodles too is made the same way, plus they add MSG / Ajinomoto and other chemical preservatives. A large number of patients with ages ranging from 18-24 years are ending up with pancreatitis either as a swelling or infection of the pancreas due to regular consumption of instant noodles... If the frequency is more than 3 times a week, then it is very hazardous... Please share this info and help save a life