EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Monday, January 25, 2010

Broadband In Malaysia Sucks

Internet and Broadband in Malaysia sucks. Thats what I experience after trying to about most services. I have had Streamyx, Celcom Broadband, Maxis Broadband, P1Wimax and now I just subscribed to Amax. I am not sure about Digi since I am not a subscriber yet.

I started using the internet service with dial up with Jaring then only change to Streamyx. Then I move to Celcom 3G. I subscribe to Celcom 3G because I bought a 3G enable mobile phone and for the reason I travel a lot. My cousin introduced me to Maxis Broadband where I paid upfront RM100 to register.

When Green Packet announced about Wimax service, I was all anxious and excited to be a subscriber because I had read in a computer magazine about its powerful and wide signal. More over it is wireless. P1 launced it service and I sign my name and join the P1 Wimax user. Shit! Its only within the 7 days trial period the signal is excellent and after I made my first monthly subscription, the signal goes bust. I can't even load the frontpage of any browser and I stop paying the monthly subscription. P1 Wimax did not live up to what they had advertised. Not even to best effort. So, I let them potong my service. After they are fond of the word potong!. Yes I have been potonged and yet P1 Wimax is going to ask me to pay the monthly subscription eventhough they did not provide me any service. Not even 1 byte of data.

I move on to AMAX now. Subscribed it on Saturday 22nd January. I was hoping for a better signal since my house is just about a hundred metre away from their transmission tower. However, I am not hoping for a better signal from AMAX too because it is not stable.

I found out that I still have to take ages to get blogger appear on my monitor screen. It seems that the speed is  no better then Maxis Broadband that I am using but much better than P1, of course. At least I can get some pages loaded. I still have 5 days more to test.  

2 comments:

Gallivanter said...

Our broadband connectivity will always be useless.

Gallivanter
www.danielfranklingomez.com

Sarah_GP said...

Hi Encik Zahar,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the Wimax connection issue. Could you please provide us your details such as account no/full name in order for us to assist you further? We will be more than happy to assist you on this matter. I am looking forward to your reply.
Thanks.

Regards,
P1_Buddy

AFFILIATION

HolidayCity.com

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

LIVE COVERAGE

NO COVERAGE AT PRESENT

pic browse

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

BUYING FROM AMAZON?