EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Monday, January 25, 2010

Broadband In Malaysia Sucks

Internet and Broadband in Malaysia sucks. Thats what I experience after trying to about most services. I have had Streamyx, Celcom Broadband, Maxis Broadband, P1Wimax and now I just subscribed to Amax. I am not sure about Digi since I am not a subscriber yet.

I started using the internet service with dial up with Jaring then only change to Streamyx. Then I move to Celcom 3G. I subscribe to Celcom 3G because I bought a 3G enable mobile phone and for the reason I travel a lot. My cousin introduced me to Maxis Broadband where I paid upfront RM100 to register.

When Green Packet announced about Wimax service, I was all anxious and excited to be a subscriber because I had read in a computer magazine about its powerful and wide signal. More over it is wireless. P1 launced it service and I sign my name and join the P1 Wimax user. Shit! Its only within the 7 days trial period the signal is excellent and after I made my first monthly subscription, the signal goes bust. I can't even load the frontpage of any browser and I stop paying the monthly subscription. P1 Wimax did not live up to what they had advertised. Not even to best effort. So, I let them potong my service. After they are fond of the word potong!. Yes I have been potonged and yet P1 Wimax is going to ask me to pay the monthly subscription eventhough they did not provide me any service. Not even 1 byte of data.

I move on to AMAX now. Subscribed it on Saturday 22nd January. I was hoping for a better signal since my house is just about a hundred metre away from their transmission tower. However, I am not hoping for a better signal from AMAX too because it is not stable.

I found out that I still have to take ages to get blogger appear on my monitor screen. It seems that the speed is  no better then Maxis Broadband that I am using but much better than P1, of course. At least I can get some pages loaded. I still have 5 days more to test.  

1 comment:

P1Buddy said...

Hi Encik Zahar,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the Wimax connection issue. Could you please provide us your details such as account no/full name in order for us to assist you further? We will be more than happy to assist you on this matter. I am looking forward to your reply.
Thanks.

Regards,
P1_Buddy

AFFILIATION

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

BILLBOARD

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

Powered By Blogger