EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Last Training

Today was our last paintball training in the run up to My NPL in Malacca next week. As usual I was worn down due to the intensity of the activities. Even though tired during the training, I found out that my fitness level had improved a bit. I could manage to jog around the field during the warming up. I am glad that I took paintball (maybe by accident) since it forces me to put on my jogging shoes and track bottom.

Paintball is not for those with low aerobic level. The need to move fast and swift from bunker to bunker needs the anaerobic energy system within the aerobic base. Why a players gets breathless easily is due to the adrenalin rush on one hand and the facemask pressing on the nostril reduce the amount of oxygen inhaled. This is also backed up by the part of the mask covering the mouth. So in order to play better paintball, one need to build both the aerobic and anaerobic energy system. To build this one has to leave the paintball field. It is to be done seperately as an activity by itself. I once overheard a paintball player at ASTAKA commenting a few rugby players who were jogging around the recreation track and he said, "If I were to ask to jog like them, I'll stop playing paintball." OMG, for someone involved in sports building the aerobic endurance is considered compulsory.

Aerobic endurance is the base for all sporting activities. When a player cannot cope up with his aerobic endurance, his performance will deteroirate. His mental toughness will get shaky and this will result in loss of concentration. Worse still it is a risk to injury.

Compared to the first few training sessions, I was flat out even before I reach home and the next morning the muscle will be aching especially the hamstring and gastrocnemius.

After the training today, and after reaching home, I still have the energy to go out to Bukit Jalil Sports Complex to witness the effort but up by a few NGOs and Kementerian Belia dan Sukan to be listed in Malaysia Book of Guiness Record as the largest car gathering in Malaysia. Thats why I consider that my fitness level has improved. Fitness can be defined as the capacity to carry out the day's activitiesmeans to be able to carry out the activities of the day and without undue fatigue and at the end of the day still have the energy to meet emergency stuations.

However it will be just nice at this time to go for a massage like this.

No comments:

AFFILIATION

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

BILLBOARD

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

Powered By Blogger