EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Thursday, June 18, 2009

P1 Wimax Is Giving Me Shit

It is in my second month of using P1 Broadband service. The first month was all smooth surfing but things turn ugly after I paid my first bill. Ever since I couldn't get the service I expected anymore as claimed by P1, even though my house is covered by two base station. Which ever direction I face the front of my modem (as directed by the coverage map), the signal is just shit. The red light blinks all the time and if it jumps to amber it will just be for a few seconds only and will revert back to red instead of going green. This is really shit.

I found that other subscriber too experience the unstability in the first month. Read the comments HERE too.

Now I see that P1 Wimax is not going to be better that Maxis Broadband or the lousy Streamyx. And Wimax have the gut to remind me the due date of the second bill.

I am using (read it as forced to steal) my neighbour's signal to post this piece.

UPDATED : I found this article from The Star online. From hare speed to tortoise pace. It is worth reading if you want to have an overview of what is happening to our supposedly ambituous Multimedia Super Corridor. I like what I read from the article verbatim;

The best I could come out with was to ask them to be patient as the Government had initiated the National Broadband Project and that in a few years the whole of the Klang Valley would be wired up.

Pierre and Johann both gave me that “you got to be kidding” look. The Swiss pointed out that all towns in his home country had put in fibre optics years ago.

“They just dug and dug and wired everyone up. What are you all waiting for?” he asked.

He was “very impressed” when he first came to Malaysia 10 years ago.

“You all then had ADSL lines when we in France were still using dial-ups,” he recalled.

“But what happened? We are now surfing at real broadband speed and not the ‘best service possible’ practice as you have here in Malaysia.

“Johann, if you get 50% of the promised speed in Malaysia, consider yourself lucky.

Of course this is Malaysia Boleh.



No comments:

AFFILIATION

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

BILLBOARD

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

Powered By Blogger