EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Sunday, June 21, 2009

I Wuz At Bloggers "K"arnival PJ Challenge 09

It was a full day of knowledge hunting for me concentrating on blogging, when I attended the PJ Challenge Blogger "K"arnival 09 at Jaya 33, Section 13, Petaling Jaya.

This event is to coincide with the anniversary of Petaling Jaya being granted a city status and using bloggers to spread the news is a wise move for the organisers. In the time where mainstream newspaper is getting less popular by day, the newmedia is going to be the main information source of reference for the future. The power and influence of the new media came into light after the May 8th 2008 General election Tsunami in Malaysia.

I signed up for the Kaspersky K-Klub (above) and receive this First Day Cover (below) and a T shirt.

Above: Guests during the opening ceremony
Above: Colouring contest for kids.

Above: The line dancing group(Chinese ladies) performing a dance from a Malay number during the opening ceremony. A performance of promoting Malaysian Malaysia?

One of the activites of the day is Learning how to blog. This session is open to wannabe bloggers who were giuded hot to set up blogs on blogger.com. There were two concurrent sessions of Blog 101. First class is open to blogger wannabe from the general public and the other is the special class which was attended by mostly the elder net enthusiast and VIP. The session for the special class was guided by Kenny Sia while another class by Euweng.

Blog 101 (Special) conducted by Kenny Sia

Above: Blog 101 sessions for new wannabe bloggers. Conducted by Euweng.

Above: MCs cum speakers for the session Amanda and Josh

Above: Speakers for the Blog 411 session. From Left: Amanda Choe, Josh, Datuk Wong (VIP) Ms Sook Ling (Organiser), Kenny Sia, Nikki Cheong, Jason Goh, Rames, Ellie and Soon Wei.

Above: The attraction during Blog 411 session. No not you Amanda. Its the 11 years old Gloson during the Knock out quiz to take home a Acer Aspire Timeline. He did won.

Above: A momento picture with Kenny Sia.

I was one of the five blogger presented with this Kaspersky Internet Security pack and a "I Love Kaspersky" T shirt for my pre event post.
Above: Thats me after receiving the KIS. In the middle is Datuk Wong Sai Ho, President of Association of Backpacker's Malaysia and on left is another winner Dragoncall.
NB: I am already a licensed user for this antivirus software and to date, it was a worth buy and reliable. So now what am I going to do with this pack. Definitley it will be unfair to Kaspersky for me to sell the Not For Resale pack. Ooo, maybe I'll have to buy a desktop. LOL.

FYI : Tech Lane after sales service is good considering I had a problem with the online updating of KIS and the technicians kept contacting me relating to my problem until it was solved. Thanks tech's at Tech Lane.

At the of Blog 411 session, I receive this as a momento.

2 comments:

EVo said...

Halo uncle! thanks for adding my link..and great pic of myself in class :D

It's good to meet u there that day =)

Anonymous said...

Most welcome, as friends we support each other. I remember Josh said, "Wa, the whole team here, ah." He meant the Yakuzas.

AFFILIATION

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

BILLBOARD

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

Powered By Blogger