EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Got Back My Streamyx (Non Political Post)

Today I got back my Streamyx after a few days being cut off. No, not because it was temporarily disconnected but due to the cable problem. I was in the middle of surfing and updating my blog when suddenly I receive a Page Not Found message. Upon checking, its my modem ADSL light is blinking which means there is no connection from the exchange.

Actually my ADSL modem/ WiFi router has some problem with the power switch. So when I switch off the power switch and trying switching it on again, there is no power connection. Frustrated I thought there goes my ADSL router bought two years age at the PC Fair at KLCC.

I bought a new WiFi router at Low Yatt Plaza and due to carelessness, the router has no modem. It was priced at RM 125.00. I also bought a PCI WiFi adapter for my desktop @ RM 80.00.

After fixing, only I found out that the router needs toe be connected to the modem. Luckily I still have my Streamyx modem that TMnet gave me when I subscribed some time ago. Fixing is quite easy but I was having a problem with configuring the router. I tried in vain but at last gave up due to weak connection from Streamyx. I called Streamyx for HELP but didn't get much advice. I wonder whether technicians at the other end employed by TNmet are really well verse with their job requirement. There was many complaint about users did not get much help from Streamyx regarding technical advice.

I called the NETGEAR Customer Support in Malaysia which was then diverted to India. OMG, I am speaking with someone in India for Help. The English speaking guy on the other end (not an Indian) did a great job helping me configuring my device and he was so patient dealing with my problem. It took me 50 minutes talking over the phone with him. I can see how professional Customer Support at Netgear. When he can't get things sorted out, he asked me politely whether I want to hole the line while he check out his manuals. That is what I call professional. Admit to mistakes and not bulldoze all the way like our local Customer service esp from TMnet. However the line was disconnected while he was checking with the manuals. BTW if someone from NETGEAR reads this posting my report Ref was 6745404. Just wish to thank the guy who gave me support for the job well done.

since I was without Streamyx for about 5 days, I depend on my office internet connection to check mails or surf the net. At home I was on my untrusted 364 mbps Celcom Broadband.

Today after coming back from office, I tried to check my Prolink ASDL Router again and viola!!!. the ADSL light is not blinking anymore which means connection is back to normal. The reason was the night before I called Streamyx and they told me that there are some technical problems in Klang Valley and they can't check my problem. That was why today I just gamble to fix back my old Prolink and test the connection again. So now I get back my internet connection. Just the same as I get back my subsidiary life daily.

No comments:

AFFILIATION

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

BILLBOARD

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

Powered By Blogger