EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Rambling and Rantings in The Air

This is flightMH 738 en route to Bandar Seri Begawan and Kota Kinabalu. I least expected that this flight will transit Bandar Seri Begawan since it was booked by my organization. Last August I was also on a flight heading Bandar Seri Begawan but on a different carrier. It was Royal Brunei. The common thing about both carriers is that they are operating the same route on code sharing. So I can now compare between the two flights. I am not downgrading my own country’s national airline but in comparison , Royal Brunei is better in terms of a pleasant journey. As everyone who experience RBA, before take-off, a recording of the recital of prayer asking for safety from Allah the Almighty. Both airlines belongs to a country that preach Islam as the formal religion but RBA stewardesses covered their hair with headscarves when MAS doesn’t. On RBA they don’t serve alcoholic drink but MAS does. On RBA passenger can listen to pipe-in music through personal headphones provided on board when passenger on MAS can dooze off bored.

As I said I am not degrading my own national carrier but to let the management of MAS think and make changes for the betterment of country’s image that confess we are a Muslim country. However we follow Western culture which some of it is against the teaching of Islam. Oh, I forgot….we promote Islam Hadhari.

Number 13 is considered a bad number and many people avoid using the number. However I was listening to the evening news over TV when a reports about the on going Ops Sikap. On day 13 of Ops Sikap 13, the number of death was 13. So its, a triple 13 on that day. Luckily it was not on the 13th of October. Maybe the statistics changes after that, I am not sure. Ibrahim held an open house at his residence in Segambut Dalam. I have always wanted to attend his open house ever since he was released from jail, but time constraint and lack of information made me miss the occasion. Even yesterdays function came unexpectedly when I was browsing a blog and stumble upon it. Again I thought I will be missing his open house because at noon, the sky seems to bring heavy rain to Kuala Lumpur. Of course it rains heavily. But I considered it lucky when the rain stops at about 3.00 o clock and I drive towards Jalan Duta, following the map provided in the blog. Ooops…I miss the junction towards Damansara and head towards Jalan Duta. This is Kuala Lumpur, once you miss the exit or turn, you’ll have to take a longer route. BTW I learn something due to my mistake. I found out where the Masjid Wilayah Persekutuan is and the Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri office. From there I made a turn back and reach Damansara. From there on I had no difficulties finding the way because there is a banner informing of the function.

Following the small bumpy road in Segambut Dalam, I thought I lost my way again. Then I check back with the map in my camera and yes!!, I am on the right track. Confirmation that I am on the right track is further enhanced when I saw throves of people walking out of the area. I did not expect there were so many people. I had the opportunity to shake hand with Datuk Seri. What I had was Yong Tau Foo, Lemang and Roti John. The most important thing for me to attend the function is not the food but to show my moral support to Datuk Seri Anwar who was victimized by UMNO and former PM.

1 comment:

Hanafi Mohd Noor said...

Good writing.
www.hanafionline.com

AFFILIATION

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

BILLBOARD

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

Powered By Blogger