EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I won!!! Oopsss...Its a Scam!!

At 4.43 a.m on 17th September 2007 I was awaken by my phone's SMS ringer. At first I thought I was dreaming and then the alarm for the sahur has triggered. When I check my handphone it was a message purportedly from PETRONAS MAS congratulating me that my simcard has won a check for RM 14000. I was asked to contact 006281574306889. Well, this is another stupid SMS from someone who thought I am also as stupid as him/her. 4.43 a.m.? How hardworking PETRONAS MAS staff working at the time when most people are in bed and here they are sending SMSes to prospecting victim.

The last time I receive this kind of message was from CELCOM and I had blogged it in Citizenblog of TheStar Online and also in this blog. Therewas once the same tactics using ASTRO, MAXIS etc.

So if you receive this kind of SMS, just forget it. Its too good to be true. the phone number is just the clue that it was an oversea number because it has the International code.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! "Petronas MAS" LOL!! This is pretty obvious.

Anonymous said...

Again the sender no is frm Indonesia..

Nightwing said...

Have u lodged a report to the telcos?

When i was reading this, i thought, you went through this before.

Good on u to be alert.

Another scam indeed.

AFFILIATION

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

BILLBOARD

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

Powered By Blogger