EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Items Sold At Carrefour Not Quality Controlled?


My son came back into the house and told me that the newly bought MTB, an ASOGO ACCRO99 is broken. He showed me the pedal that has been severed from the crank arm. Well, its an easy task to fix it back. So I ask him to bring the tool box and went out to help him fix it. I tried to screw back the pedal into the crank arm but found out it did not move in as expected. Then only I found out that the thread on the pedal is damaged (the shiny part in the photo). The damaged thread affected the inner thread of the crank arm and the arm too has to be replaced.  Then i wonder whether Carrefour Seri Petaling has any Quality Control  on items that they sell. I am sure the staff who fix the bicycle or at least the supervisor who receive the item from the supplier do check the quality of the item they receive. Bicycle is not sent in hundreds and maybe just a few units and he will have no problem to check that the items are in good condition when shipped to them. 


Now I still have the option to send back the bicycle (still within the claim validity period) to Carrefour because of damaged product, but how can I send it back? I can't transport it in my car because of the size. To hire a van will cost me more than replacing the item at a nearer shop. If I dissassemble the parts, it might void the warranty.  

No comments:

AFFILIATION

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

BILLBOARD

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

Powered By Blogger