EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Today Is Friday 23rd October - Budget and Bla...Bla...Bla...

This evening it was work with no concentration at the office because of the 2010 budget being tabled by the PM. Afternoon office hour today is 2.45 because its Friday. Budget was scheduled at 4.00 but before that TV channels air comments from "experts" about budgeting. However I did not give full concentration since I was on my laptop, er, netbook to be precise. It has been about one year I have been using my personal (I stress- PERSONAL) netbook for official office work and there is no clause in the government GO that they will reimburse me.

You can use your personal items to perform office work but you cannot use office equipments for your personal work. You see what I mean and see what I am trying to say? However using my personal equipment for official office work has been going on since I own a personal laptop in 1997. Whenever I go for outstation assignment, I use my personal laptop for official reporting and sometimes lend it for presentations.

My office desktop was not working since last year. I called the IT department and they took my hard disk to check since I cannot get it booted. Thats it. Until today I do not know what happen to my hard disk. Now whats left on my table is the monitor and the non present CPU.

OK, back to what I was trying to post tonight. The budget. Tabling of budget every year is an event that most Malaysian wait to see whats in store for next year. Of course there are good news and bad news. My friends were all anxious and excited to hear some good news. But until the PM said, "Tuan Yang Dipertua, Saya memohon mencadang." , there no good news for government servant like me and my friends. There was no mention about the expected bonus for all the hard work that the civil servant had done this year. I am sure the more than a million civil servants feels sad for not being given the bonus this year.

When civil servants talk about bonus, there other people will cry foul because bonuses for civil servant means some inflation will happen. Its a normal practice that if there is extra money in the market, price of essentials will increase. This increase will affect those who are not monthly wage earners. But that's not the point. It's about making ends meet. When there is no satisfaction, it will affect work performance. Some might resort to part time jobs after office hours and worse still in tandem with the working hours. It happens. No rule whatsoever can stop them from doing this.

Thats so far about the bad news of the day......

Tonight in Singapore there is the Asia Pacific Nuffnang Award. I follow Xiaxue Twitter for the updates. No! not because she is admirable but because she is the one I know have been updating on her Uber Twitter. Before tonight's event, I have been following the Award activities through the official website. For some weeks I have been nonimating blogs because I came to know that there will be some prize money and invitation to Singapore for anyone with most nomination for individual blogs. However I don't know what happen. Maybe someone surpass me and made it to Singapore with Sing$1000 richer.


No comments:

AFFILIATION

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

BILLBOARD

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

Powered By Blogger