EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Shameful Public Attitude Towards Crime

I was in front of Sogo shopping complex. Suddenly something attracted my attention  when  I  saw a young Malay guy and being chased by a policeman. I was barely 10 metres away from the line where the guy and the policeman were running towards Pertama Complex. I could see the policeman was all out to get the guy who were also running out of breath.

My heart thumped when all of a sudden the policeman tripped and this gave the guy the opportunity to get away. The policeman stood up and trying to give chase again but the guy had made his way and escaped. I knew the policeman was frustrated and his frustration was maybe due to the public not helping him nab the culprit. He walked away after that while onlookers just looked at him as if he had done something wrong.

I felt so bad since I can't do anything to help him due to my distance. My feeling gets worse when I saw him tripped and fell onto the cement floor. Not sure whether he had bruises or not. I could feel as if he was cursing the public for not helping him.

As a member of a public I felt I had done something bad today and until I post this blog I am still hurt......hurt for not being able to help the policeman. I am wondering, is this the attitude of our public? No wonder petty crime is on the rise because they know they can get away easily because of that public attitude. Back to the incident, I am sure along the way somebody can do something to help nab the culprit  (at least trip the guy down) since the area is not so secluded. There are people all along the route the guy was running since the guy has to avoid running into somebody.

To that particular policeman who was unsuccessful, I felt sorry for you and I am ashamed of myself too.

No comments:

AFFILIATION

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

BILLBOARD

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

Powered By Blogger