EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Conning The Consumers?

Remember I posted about Tunetalk before? Today I am posting it again. This about how dealers make sales. I have experience how other outlets selling top ups between RM 0.50 and RM 1.00 above the actual price. When I was in Miri, I bought a RM 10.00 top up for RM 11.00. I have no choice until I realise that I can do it at the actual price at ATM machines. I wonder whether they breach the aggreement with the Telco company concern.

Another unscrupulous tactic by mobile outlets is to sell the starter SIM pack in a package with a RM10.00 top up. If you want to buy the SIM pack, you have to buy the top up too. Take it or leave it.

Today I wanted to buy a Tunetalk starter SIM pack for my reserved number because I cannot change my previous number. I went to a mobile outlet at City Plaza Alor Setar to buy a new starter SIM pack. I was surprise when the lady behind the counter said it is RM 38.00. I inquire further, why, and she explained that they are selling it at that price. Luckily I knew that the price of the SIM pack is just RM4.90. So I argued the reason for such a price. She said that it include a RM30.00 reload.


The question is, why must they sell it together with reload? A simple answer. Making easy profit. They have made an extra RM3.00 for the starter pack which does not include commissions for selling the starter pack. Then again they earn more commissions for selling the reload. These practice has to stop.

I wonder why Telco companies are allowing these mobile outlet con consumers and not taking any action. I have contacted Tunetalk Customer Care while writing this post and waiting for their answer. I will update when I receive their reply.

No comments:

AFFILIATION

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

BILLBOARD

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

Powered By Blogger