EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Weekend Of Paintball

This weekend will be paintbal filled. First it was my team,Yakuza, training in the morning at Astaka in Petaling Jaya. I am not sure how many times I attended training with my fellow teammates since we took part in the first My-NPL tournament on Valentine's Day this year. I was quite late for todays training due to a little fatigue. I arrived home at about 4.30 a.m after driving through the night from Alor Setar. A little nap(what nap? 1hr 30 minutes is a nap?) at Slim River Rest area (trunk road) did not help much to help me refresh.

It was our usual training in preparation for our next participation in My NPL event 4 at Malacca. We are skipping next week's Kuantan tournament. This week we have a new Yakuza and the sixth member of the team. So if the figure sticks then we can have some access to rest during tournaments. In the last tournament all five of us have to play all the games and we do not have any space for injuries or the team will be a depleted one.

I knew I was not fully ready for the training due to lack of rest. However on the positive side, I did not sustain any body injuries compared to seven during the last training. Out of the seven, three was on the same spot. Eventhough the game was a bit tough due to playing with opponents using e-markers compared to us (me) using manual markers. This was not our first playing with opponents using e-markers and it is an advantage for us. The only setback today, we did not play as one team, so the element of teamwork for Yakuza today is nil.

Heavy rain towards noon, forced our training to stop. My evaluation for today's training is 6 out of 10.

In the afternoon, I witness the Malaysian Paintball Official Circuit at Xtion Paintball in Bukit Jalil. To me, I consider that as part of my training too. I watch and learn how experienced players move during the game. It was a good lesson watching, Raskals, Macdev Ronin and Nemesis Legion playing. In sports, the fastest way to improve performance is to watch the best play and play with the best.


No comments:

AFFILIATION

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

BILLBOARD

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

Powered By Blogger