EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Thursday, June 25, 2009

RELAY FOR LIFE 09

This year I make my presence at the Relay For Life more than last year. Since I have no appointments during the weekends, I attended the charity event even though not as official participants. Stayed from evening till late at night but went home for sleep before coming again the next morning.

The event organised by the National Cancer Soceity of Malaysia is part of the worldwide awareness campaign for prevention of cancer and in support of cancer victims. Relay For Life is the American Cancer Society signature activity giving opportunity to everyone in the community to participate in the fight against cancer.

The tagline for the campaign Giving Hope Celebrating Life.

Honorary Adviser Dato' Zuraidah Atan mingling with participants and making her presence felt. I think she and other member of the society is instrumental in making this campaign a success.

Waiting to be flagged off on the evening of 29th May 2009. Dato' Zuraidah flagged the relay. The survivors making their round after the flag off.
Even foreigners help make the event a joyous one. French and Nigerian flags can be seen. Who else will carry flagsof their own country. Philippines make their present felt too besides the US Embassy. This was the highlight of the night. Drag Queen was crowned. It really convert the atmosphere into a hot entertainment. Did not expect these women (read is as guys) do pull the attraction towards the stage. In the end Isis Natasya was the hot favourite of the crowd and walk away with the "crown"
Exercise, exercise and exercise. Participants were never bored taking part voluntarily to the music and presentation on stage by various groups and entertainers.
Whats for breakfast? Free cereals, of course. However it does not fill up with just one small cup (psstt!I took two) and not enough calories to walk lor. Unlike what you can get in your home on the breakfast table. Cereals with milk and then a small cup of Milo.
Its nice to take a walk in the morning. Morning sun is one of the source of Vitamin D for our body. Vitamin D plays an important role in the maintenance of organ systems.
Smokers die young. In one of my slide presentation during Sports Science courses I list out one of the advantages of smoking. Tidak sempat menikmati usia tua (Might not experience old age). Why? Smokers might die young. There is also arguments that my grandfather is a heavy smoker and he lived up to nearly 90 years old. My friend use to answer this, "That is your grandfather. Other peoples grandfather died younger." Whatever it is, smoking contributes to dying young for some people.
View from the grandstand.
Line dancing being one of the "exercise" regime for those present on the morning 0f 31 May 2009

Doing the MacarenaThe second day of the event was in conjunction with No Tobacco Day. Tobacco is one of the contributing factor to cancer.
On the second day, I join in the walk to show my support and while making the round I decided to find out how many participant who prepare luminaires in remembrance of their loved ones who succumbed to cancer remembers Allah. I only found this one after walking the whole 400 metres of the track.
Well, I might missed some of the others but I think I am sure this is the only one seen. As a Muslim I felt

No comments:

AFFILIATION

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

BILLBOARD

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

Powered By Blogger