EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Internet Con - The Other Version

Internet com comes in many version. A Rule of Thumb: Do Not Response if you are doubtful. Better loose a new prospective foreign friend than loosing your hard earned money and knock your head against the wall (not on your pc/laptop screen, pls) after that. 

I received this email that was sent from MyBlogLog and forwarded to me. See how popular I am on the internet that many people wanted to establish a relationship with me "based on truth and trust" with me. 

This is the content of the email. 

Hello,
My name is
helyn, i saw your  profile  here  today  at (mybloglog),and became intrested in you, i will also like to know you the more and estabilish a relationship that is bassed on truth and trust with you, i will  give  you  my  picture for you  to  know  whom  im  when  i get  your  reply,
pls i have something  very  very important  i  will like to tell you. I believe we can start from here!
Remeber the  distance  does not matter but love  matters  alot in life, thanks
.

See, I highlighted the catch sentence that will make one fall into their trap. The something very important is that the sender has inherited some money that amount to millions and has to be transfered into someones account before it can be withdrawn. So after this I will have to deposit a few thousand RM as processing fee which will in the end vanish into thin air. Read this example

1 comment:

Alizul said...

I've received tons of such emails in my inbox almost every day. A simple rule of thumb: JUST DELETE THEM!!!

AFFILIATION

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

BILLBOARD

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

Powered By Blogger