EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Saturday, June 06, 2009

4th May 2006

That's my birthday. No, not my own birthday but this blog's birthday and I forgot to celebrate it. It has been more than a month now and only today remeber it. Oh! what an absent minded guy I am.


I started blogging after reading Screenshots by Jeff Ooi. Back then I found posting about the Tsunami that hit many parts of South East Asia in 2004 such as Aceh(worst hit), Tanjung Bungah, Kuala Muda, Tamil Nadu, Sri Lanka, Maldives etc. killing 225,000 people. Since then I did not stop blogging and reinvent my passion for writing.

I gain the writing passion back in 1974 when I was a teacher trainee at Maktab Perguruan Gaya (now Institut Pendidikan Guru Kampus Gaya) in Kota Kinabalu. What planted the desire to write after learning that a senior colleague of the college published a Malay novel. I started writing sajak and fictions. Some of my writing was aired over RTM Sabah and published in the local dailies.

When I was posted to Kota Marudu in the northern part of the state, I kept my love of writing adding news reporting to my list. I was a freelance non registered stringer writing to Borneo Post, Daily Express and Sabah Times. My short stories found a place in the dailies too besides still sending sajak to RTM Sabah.

However when I was transfered back to Semenanjung Malaysia, my serious involvement in sports had me put aside my writing effort until I start blogging.

No comments:

AFFILIATION

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

BILLBOARD

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

Powered By Blogger