EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Blood Pressure

I went to a pharmacy to buy cream for the bruise that I sustained during last weeks paintball training. Got this cream named aobruzzy gel. Since I was at the pharmacy, I requested tocheck my blood pressure and this is the result. 

Systolic     133 mmHg
(Normal 90-119)
Diastolic      88mmHg
(Normal 60-79)

The result shows that I am in the prehypertension category. Refer HERE.

But what surprise me is my heart beat. The instrument recorded my heart beat as 58 beat per minute and it was at 9.00 pm,which means I have been moving around but still the heartbeat is low. The last time when I was really active performing my coaching in track and field, cycle for 6 km everyday and swimming every wednesday, my heart beat was 55 bpm.

Before playing paintball my resting heart rate was between 65 - 70 bpm. I now wonder whether my paintball training did lower my heartbeat or something else. A low heartbeat means that the heart do not have to perform much work to pump blood oxygenated to all parts of the body.  

Read more about blood pressure HERE

No comments:

AFFILIATION

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

BILLBOARD

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

Powered By Blogger