EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Stopped At Bukit Gantang

I was on my way back to Alor Star and using the trunk road I passed through Bukit Gantang and Bukit Selambau. The atmosphere was just like the last PRU. An empty road at midnight turned into a busy stretch especially upon reaching Bukit Gantang area. Stop at the entrance of Bukit Gantang and have this picture taken. It tells some story. 
Then on the way back, I stop at the Masjid Jamek Bukit Gantang. There were stalls set up and of course it gives the opportunity for small traders to do some business. My plan was to have dinner so we stop at a stall next to the mosque. We ordered 3 plates Chicken Rice, a bowl of Mee soup. Drinks are 1 lemon iced tea, Milo ais and 3 in 1 coffee. I was surprised because all those costs RM 24.00. The reason is because it is in Bukit Gantang. If It is in Klang Valley, then I understand the high price. 

If a plate chicken rice is RM 4.00 then three plate will only cost RM 12.00. A bowl of mee soup is RM 4.00 then the price of food is only RM 16.00. So the four glass of drinks costs RM 8.00. I think this is cut throat price. Just like eating at a mid range posh restaurant. But there, it was a wet and bit muddy ground and with cigarette smokes coming into our way.

It was a bad experience when the meals are taken into consideration but that was compensated by the ceramah opposite the mosque. It was a PAS ceramah and I stayed to hear. The speakers include Dr Zulkifli Nordin, and the main highlight was the candidate himself Datuk Seri Nizar. He made his appearance and explained what had transpired at the High Court in KL regarding his case filed against the illegal MB of Perak, Datuk Zamry. The case will be heard on 9th April. I least expected to be able to listen to MB himself because his name was not mentioned in the speakers line up. I thought Penang CM would be the highlight but I left after DS Nizar's speech since I have a long way to drive back to KL.  

Bukit Selambau buy election is more colourful because there are 15 candidates vying for the seat and posters, banners and buntings not only decorate the constituency but it is also colourful. I just pass by Sungai Petani town from Taman Ria to Bedong but did not go deeper into Bukit Selambau due to time constrain. How I wish I have time to travel into the Bukit Selambau area and see the actual atmosphere. Its just a silly mistake to depend on print and electronic media because reporting is unfair and one sided. I did not watch news on TV for the first 30 minutes now because its all lies. 

For Bukit Selambau voters, especially Muslims read what Tuan Guru Datuk Nik Aziz's advice HERE

No comments:

AFFILIATION

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

BILLBOARD

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

Powered By Blogger