EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Southern Tip and Northern Tip (Mistake Rectified)

Today will be my last day in office before I go for a long two weeks assignments. I am looking forward to the two weeks without being able to ride the waves of the internet. Last week I was in Labuan and there were no Maxis coverage. No WiFi signals added salt to the wound. That was a week I felt just like the olden late 90s and early Y2ks where internet is so scarce. The situation make me think why do they concentrate development in the Klang Valley only and leave out other parts of Malaysia crawling and biting the dust.

Come Sunday I will be leaving for Tanjung Pengelih in Johor. The southern tip of peninsular Malaysia separated by the narrow strait from Singapore. I can foresee that I will not be able to log on to the internet again for the next five days. OMG! I have to face life without the internet and it will be quite a technological stress for me. Stress because not being able to get connected to the world and cyberspace.

Seems to be a coindicence with this two consecutive weeks of activity. Firstly being present at the southern tip of the Aurea Chersonesus (I remember my late history teacher Mr Ch'ng Chin Eong when he taught us history). Yes the Malay Peninsular or Golden Peninsula was described by Ptolemy circa 150 AD as Aurea Chersonesus.

Then the following week I will be at the Northern most tip of Borneo Island. Kudat to be exact. I am hoping to be able to go to the tip that is Tanjung Simpang Mengayau.

It might be interesting to be in these two places and I might have lots of thing to blog about but too bad I am looking forward to no internet connection. Definitely my mobile broadband will be out of the question. So now what is only left to me is the cyber cafes. Two whole week missing the internet will be something missing in my daily life.

No comments:

AFFILIATION

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

BILLBOARD

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

Powered By Blogger