EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My First WimaxTest

Since evening I had done some speed test on Wimax because I found out that there is no difference between maxis broadband or my neighbouer's wireless network that I squat on. 

Wireless signal strength is excellent with speed of 54.0 Mbps.
 
The first test was done at 7.39 in the evening with the Wimax modem connected to a Netgear router. Both equipment was placed in the centre of the house about 5 metre away from the window and my laptop is also about the same distance from the router. I waited long enough but the Wimax can't test the upload. I waited long enough until I decided to cancel the test and change the location. The picture below was captured before I decided to give up waiting. 
Top picture: This screen capture was done at 7:39:54PM


Top picture: This screen capture was done at 7:56:40PM

Then I decided to relocate the modem nearer to the place where I am and also nearer to the window as adviced in the brochure. The results of the test is as in the screen captures below. 

Top picture : This screen capture was done at 9:30:45 PM

Top picture: This screen capture was done at 9:33:21PM

Top picture : This screen capture was done at 9:50:05 pm

Base on the coverage map that I saw at the PC Fair and the reseller at Carrefour Seri Petaling, my house has an overlapping coverage meaning served by two base station. 

According to the package plan downlink is up to 1.5 Mbps and uplink up to 500 kbps for the Home Plus Plan that I subscribe. Well, this is what I get tonight: 

Download 1560 kbps (Wimax claim up to 1.5 Mbps)

Upload 253 kbps (Wimax claim up to 500 kbps)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

1.5 Mbps and 500kbps maybe shared among users in one "cell"

try for a week then complain if it is not fast as it claimed

Anonymous said...

thanks harold

AFFILIATION

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

BILLBOARD

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

Powered By Blogger