EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Monday, January 19, 2009

Its Aching After The Paintball Tournament

It has been quite sometimes I had not experience muscle ache on my quadriceps. But I woke up on Sunday morning and felt this still pain on my muscle. I knew its because of my involvement in the paintball game on Saturday. I did expect to feel the muscle pain because I have been living quite a sedentary lifestyle since I left my track and field coaching in mid 90s. I was very fit back then. My resting heart beat was 55 bpm. However as time goes by, I am getting less and with thework burden, I feel too lazy to exercise. I used to swim for a few years after leaving coaching, at hotel swimming pools during my outstation assignments. Now I only walk from the car park to my office and vice versa. Thats my only exercise which I know is not enough to fulfil my fitness regime. Anyway my resting heart rate is aroun 65 BPM now. I might label myself a hypocrite in terms of fitness because I teach and tell people to keep fit but I myself do not. 

Muscle ache is a normal occurence in everyone who do not prepare for the strenuous activity. My involvement in the Bloggers Paintball Tournament on Saturday is of higher intensity and demands on my body. I was prepared for the worse before the event since I knew my fitness level and after watching over TV a program, Zon Aktif about paintball a few days earlier. Therefore this aching muscle that is nagging since Sunday is nothing unexpected. 

Back to my aching muscle, its difficult to walk upand downstairs or just to sit on the tiolet bowl in the loo. However I know I must not lay back to nurse that ache but to keep myself active. As a sports coach before, I understand that this ache will be relieved with time. The more movement I make, the faster the ache will get better. So on Sunday evening I took my family out to Mid Valley riding on the LRT and commuter. I seldom drive into the city. Using public transport force meto walk more. So the painful part? Climbing the stairs at Bandar Tasik Selatan RapidKL LRT station, going down the stairs to the KTM Commuter platform and walking up the stairs again at Mid Valley station. 

However at The Gardens Mid Valley I got this picture below, of theChineseNew Year festive mood and of course the beautiful girls as pictured below. Watching girls forget about sakit ma. The photo below taken with my new Canon 1000D DSLR. After shooting bloggers at Astaka, I shoot these beautiful ladies at The Gardens ,Mid Valley. Practising to get acquainted with DSLR lor. 
 

4 comments:

nadinezuharra said...

i'm agree with you
"Using public transport force me to walk more" : )
*also hope you will get better soon..take care..

Anonymous said...

thanks Nadine for your concern.

Yes,I compensate exercise with walking even though not enough but a little bit is better than none.

marcusan said...

Hi Uncle Z,
Hope you are feeling better now. Its true, we shud nurse it. biar buat macam biasa, then the pain will go away faster. haha

perhaps we didnt warm up before last weeks tourney. tu la pasal jadi macam ini. =/

Anonymous said...

Hi MaRCus
That is one reason but in my case is it due to long duration of being sedentary.

AFFILIATION

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

BILLBOARD

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

Powered By Blogger