EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Friday, April 04, 2008

Anatomy Of A Phishing?

We get spam mails every now and then. Some Spam mails might from a genuine sender but some from suspected prowlers or conners trying drag you into a scams and cyber crimes.

This posting is an anatomy of a scam and maybe it is phishing. The sender is trying to get something out of me. However this in not the first time I receive email from a legitimate business entity but actually the link will divert me to somewhere else. Look at the attached picture.


The mail was purportedly came from Paypal with a warning about limiting my account. Looking at the senders email address will just tell you that it came from a suspicious source. Below is the legitimate Paypal email address sent to me.

From : PayPal <paypal@email.paypal.com>
to me PayPal.xxxxxxxxx.fc4f@email.paypal.com

The screenshot of the email above just show that they can't even spell secure correctly.
The linck that I was asked to click were suppose to lead me to another website and not the Paypal website. So, next time you are asked to click just right click your mouse and select properties. The link properties will show where it will lead you to. And in this case not to Paypal.

Together we fight cyber crime.

No comments:

AFFILIATION

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

BILLBOARD

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

Powered By Blogger