EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Friday, October 19, 2007

Of Free WiFi and MV Doulos

I knew that all RnR on PLUS highway in Perak has WiFi Access which is actually a plus for road warriors who are 'obsessed' with the internet like me. I was on my way back from the Eid ul Fitr holidays in Alor setar and stop at the Gunung Semanggol RnR to rest. Erm...actually sleep. I just can't keep my eyes open anymore and need to stop and get some sleep. Some sleep. Did I say that? What a joke. It is not some sleep. It was actually sleeping. I had just rested at Pongsu Seribu Rest area and took a nap but it was not enough to console my tired eyes. At times I lost sight of the road and my conscience tells me not to drive anymore. Better late than never. So I better sleep before any untoward incident happens to me and my family.

Woke up in time to go for the morning subuh prayer at the surau provided. Then only I remember about the Free WiFi and switched on my laptop. I get just a good signal strength (two bars) and 11.0 Mbps speed. Manage to check my mail and logged on to blogger but while I was drafting a new post, I was disconnected. I tried to get it reconnected but was not successful. Maybe I am a bit far from the wireless modem which transmits a weak signal. So, I have to shut down my laptop before continuing my journey.

I was reading the Limadang.com and found out that the news about MV Doulos or the floating bookshop. It is very rare that the ship berth at Malaysian port since they sail around the world. The ship made a call at Port Klang and Pasir Gudang in 2006 but I was not aware of her visit and I am hoping they will come again. Books on the ship are cheap. Thats what my friend told me when he bought some good books about Sports and Physiology.

With her present at Kota Kinabalu port, and I will be visiting the city from 22nd to 26th October, I hope I can visit and board her and find some good books.

To Limadang.com, thank you for the information and good news. It really come at the right time for me.

No comments:

AFFILIATION

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

BILLBOARD

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

Powered By Blogger