EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Tech- Going 3G

Recently I bought a Motorola 3G phone and that means I have entered the 3G world. Then I upgrade my sim card to 65K 3G. Luckily its FREE because after that subscriber was charged RM5.00 to upgrade (if I am not mistaken).

With 3G card now I can make video calls, access the internet and even use my hand phone as a modem for broadband access using my laptop. To date I haven't subscribed to the broadband yet since I am using Streamyx at home. However I have plan to subscribe because I travel a lot and internet has been part of my life. Instead of going to cyber cafes, I can access it from my hotel room, provided there is 3G coverage, of course. Moreover it is cheaper than Streamyx. Presently I am paying RM 88.00 per month for my Streamyx access . I find it not worth continuing subscribing to the package because now TmNET is offering RM 77 for unlimited 1Mbps and if I subscribe to Celcom's unlimited access, I will terminate my Streamyx and resubscribe to the cheaper new package.

I was in Brunei recently and bought another phone of the same make that is Motorola Vmaxx for my wife so that we can get connected using video call. Reason? I subscribe to Celcom's 3 + 1 plan which means between us we can make FREE unlimited voice/video calls, MMS, Voice calls, SMS. All these with an additional RM 5.00 per month.Video call functioning. The call was made from my phone to my wife's. Hmm, so now I can't hide myself anymore if my wife were to call me because the external camera view will show where I am. Just hope when she make the call, there is only 2.5G coverage (LOL)

These are the two phones. The one on the right belongs to my wife and on the left is mine (bought in Brunei). I am not sure whether it is a problem with my phone or common for Motorola phones. Battery is very unsatisfactory. Standby last about 24 hours only and there are times I have to charge the phone twice a day due to fast run down.

No comments:

AFFILIATION

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

BILLBOARD

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

Powered By Blogger