EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Saturday, July 07, 2007

I Was on MH 2593 MYY-KUL (updated)

I fly back from Miri on MH 2593 6th July 2007 at 1615 hrs. Flying on outstation duty to Sabah, Sarawak and Labuan has been in my life since 1995 when I join the present organisation. In fact I have been flying to other airports in West Malaysia before I decided its enough of flying and I drive. My routine stay in one place on my outstation official duty takes me 5 days. Five days without my own transportation mean is quite a problem. I have to depend on public transport which can be quite a hassle. Or I either have friends to come and pick me up, which means that they have to commit their time for me. So I drive.

My flight MH 2593 was schedule to take off at 1615 hours was a bit late and land at KLIA at 1738hrs. As usual I had requested for the last row and since it was an evening flight I opted for 27A which is on the port side (Avoid the sun). Hmmm....portside? which side is it? Can you inagine there are staff working in the airline industry does not know (my experience) port side. An aeroplane or a ship has two sides. The port side is the left if you are facing towards the front of the carrier. The other side that is on your right will be the starboard. I think there is no passenger who had ever disembark from a plane on the starboard side (maybe only the pilot of a small light plane).

I learn about this term when I cruise on Ferry Malaysia in 1986 from Kuantan to Kota Kinabalu via Port of Kuching.

Suddenly I saw a familiar face of a women and a lady who I saw at the hotel earlier. They are West Malaysians based on their dialect. The lady sits on 27B and the man on 27C. See, lucky again. A women sitting beside me (Ergghhhh...gatal me...). since she is with another man I did not take concern or else I would have start a conversation. (Gatalnye......) No la, not gatal, but trying to be very friendly. From their conversation, I suspect they are married but at the moment are not husband and wife but "very" good friend on an outstation duty in Miri. I don't have to stress "good". You readers can summarise what I suspected.

During the flight I was not interested with the "good" couple next to me but the announcement made by the stewardess. He name is Sukira and I really like her intonation. Announcements made was very clear in a soothing, pleasant expression. But when the co pilot made the announcement it was back to the normal airline announcement, which only about 60 % understandable. If Idris Jala were to read this blog find Sukira and let all other stewardess or steward and other flight crew imitate her presentation. On my way out of the plane at KLIA I did ask the two stewardess standing near the exit door and luckily one of them is Sukira.

"Who is Sukira?"
"I am. Why? Anything wrong sir?" She asked me back politely and looks worried.
" I like your way of presentation during the announcement. So pleasant." I told her and she felt relieved (I think).



That was the Airasia plane that fly me to Labuan last week taxiing to the runway. (If thats the only plane with MU logo on it)


No comments:

AFFILIATION

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

BILLBOARD

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

Powered By Blogger