EXPERIENCE IS THE TEACHER OF ALL THINGS
-Julius Ceaser

Thursday, June 21, 2007

How To Do A Batik Painting

My son came home from school and asked me money to buy a batik painting kit. At first I was a bit reluctant with the mindset that it is just another business strategy targetting school children. But after giving it some thought, why not let my son go ahead ti test his creativity. Who knows he might be a batik artist in future (Ohhh.....my dreaming mind) The kit was priced at RM 12.00 per set. The set consists of a ready drawn batik template. Palette, coloured dye and sodium silicate solution. It is a good start for kids for we can detect their creativity and to me I do not like to interfere or suggest their creativity. This is a series of picture of what my son did.


The Ready made Template

Instructions

The kit

The painting starts

This is my grandchild.

Nearly finish before using sodium silicate. Seems my son loves dark colour. Any psychologist can tell me how this is related to his phychological growth?

Ahhh.......Finish. Now for Sodium Silicate















The one on the left is my son's work and the right my grandsons work.

The end product after boiling in hot water to rid the wax outline. My sons work is on the right. It is a bit fade maybe because the use of Sodium Silicate is not properly fixed. Any batik painter can give me some information on use of Sodium Silicate?

Some reference on Batik Paintings

MalaysiaBatik
Made in Malaysia Batik Paintings
Batik- In vouge around the world
Malaysia Yahong Art
Batik Art - Indonesia




No comments:

AFFILIATION

TESTIMONY OF 1MALAYSIA

1 Malaysia PEOPLE FIRST
These are blogs as proof of the slogan.

Followers

BILLBOARD

WHAT'S NEW ON THE BLOG FRONT

Powered By Blogger